Week 6 Learning Activities
Learning Activity #1: Marketing Strategies
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Maria is in the market for a new car. In the past, Maria’s budget has allowed her to exceed $25,000 for a vehicle. However, there is a recession underway, gasoline prices have risen and while there is nothing definite, Maria is concerned about job security. Maria is looking to buy a smaller car with good gas mileage $25,000 or under. However, comfort on the long commute has her looking toward a bigger car.
- What marketing strategies can the small car companies employ to win Maria over?
- What about the larger car company?
Learning Activity #2: Market Segmentation
Ezra is in the market for a new garden hose that will not split, crack or explode if left out in the winter.
- Identify at least five marketing segmentation characteristics that Ezra could use in developing a profile for consumers.
- Explain the segmentation category that each characteristic falls within (demographic, geographic, behavioral, or psychographic, etc.). When appropriate, be sure to include at least one characteristic from each category.
- How would Ezra use the segmentation information to price this product? Or, would Ezra use another form of analysis (if so what would it be)? Explain in detail.
- Price the new item and explain how the price was determined providing reasoning for the pricing using the course material.