Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Academic Report Guideline (Co-op)
The purpose of the Internship Report is offer students to describe their accomplishments and demonstrate what they learned through participation at Saudi Electronic University. In addition, the report should be approximately 3000 – 4000, single –spaced and consider taking the following format
-The word limit is 3000-4000. If the report word count is not within the required word limit, marks will be deducted.
- Add page numbers in the middle bottom of the page.
- Plagiarism or copying from other sources will result in ZERO marks.
- Your work should be clearly and completely presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
The first page should display the student’s full name, internship start and finish dates, working hours per week, company/institution name,
The field instructor should sign on the first page..
A one-page summary of the company/institution and a short account of the major activities carried out during the internship period.
- To allow the student to express her/his thankful and gratitude to individuals (such as: field instructor, academic supervisor, colleagues…etc.) who help them in carrying out and completing her/his training journey.
- This part will aid the students to learn basic elements of academic writing.
- To express their appreciation in a concise and professional manner.
- Contents of the report with page numbers, list of tables, and list of figures.
- A brief of the report.
- The Aim of the report.
This section should answer the following questions:
What is the full title of the company/institution? Give a brief history of the company, full mailing address and relevant web links
What is the type of ownership of the company/institution? State the main shareholders and their shares.
What is the sector that the company/institution operates in? Specify the products and services produced and offered to its customers/clients.
- Who are regarded as the customers/clients of your internship company (consider the end users, retailers, other manufacturers, employees, etc.)?
- Provide an organization chart of the company, along with information on the number of employees.
- Provide a list of functions performed by different departments/divisions in the internship organization.
- Provide a process chart of a major product and/or service.
Provide an overview off the production system or service procedure (what are the resources, inputs, outcomes, andconstraints?)
The following questions can be classified as your major fit (Finance, Accounting, Ecommerce and Management).
- What kind accounting/finance/IT//quality/marketing standards and principles are used in the organization?
- Discuss telecommunication technologies (Database, Instant Messenger, Networking, Ecommerce tools) used in the company.
- Describe the quality planning and control activities in the internship organization.
- Describe the quality control activities throughout the life cycle of the product/service groups
- What kind of financial analysis and decision-making methods are used by corporate treasurers and financial managers in the internship organization?
What types of marketing, selling, and human resources analysis are performed (cost system, evaluation of consumers, needs, product strategy, distribution strategy, promotional strategy)?
This is the main body of your report. During the internship period, the focus of the training may on the following types of analysis and questions. You do not have to answer all the questions in the list:
Describe your working conditions and functions, such as: Who is your supervisor (include his/her name and his/her position); other team members or co-workers and what their functions are to complement yours.
- Provide a detailed description about the department(s) that the trainee did her/his training with them. Adding all sub-divisions for this department(s) if it is available. Student can add to this description a supported chart.
- Detailed descriptions about all tasks and activities that the trainee did them during her/his training period.
- Gained skills and how they added value to your work
- Other tasks that are not related to the trainee’s major that done by her/him at the company should be included in this chapter as well.
What types of incentives did you get as a trainee to be more proactive and productive?
Describe what kind of working documents and analysis you did there and what experiences you have gained throughout your training. Provide examples of your work.
A comparison between theory (things you have learned in the classroom) and practice (things you did or observed at the company) must be made and highlighted. In this section the student can add a supported table includes which academic course (s) (course title and code) helped to perform training tasks. For example, two columns; the first one shows the course name and second column shows the tasks performed and related to this course.
Show some work samples that you have encountered/conducted at the company through graphs, pictures, data, drawings, or design calculations and include them in your report.
Lessons learnt (what the overall benefits gained from the training program)
Advantageous that helped the student in completing the training program.
- Disadvantageous and challenges that faced the student and how he/she did overcome them.
- Recommendations to improve training program in the college.
- Recommendation for the training company.
Sum up and summary of the training experience.
If it is needed
This will help the instructor to have a background about the trainee and his/her previous experiences. Also, it helps the students in writing their CVs for future job application especially for fresh graduates who do not have previous practical experiences.
Basic information (name, city, contact details…etc.).
- Job objectives.
- Academic qualifications.
- Practical experiences.
- Skills this will help the instructor to have a background about the trainee and his/her previous experiences.
The Training PresentationInterview:
The student on completion of his/her training must appear for final presentation before the supervisor appointed for this task. The supervisor will determine the overall performance of the student and recommend for No Grade-Pass or No Grade-Fail grade.
If the student fails to fulfill any one of the requirement mentioned above, he/she will fail the course and will be graded (NF: No grade – Fail).