- Select one of the two cases linked here; the case of Carol or the case of Paul.
- The video will begin playing.
- If you have chosen the case of Paul, watch the video up to 26:40 time stamp.I have chosen the case of Paul and have copied the transcript for the video for you.
- The video will begin playing.
- Choose one of the following theories and use your chosen theory and
chosen video clip to complete all of the questions in this assignment.Choose the Reality theory please.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Assess the client being described in the video and that client’s related issues using the questions provided.
Using only one case study and one counseling theory throughout your
paper, provide a detailed response to each of the following questions.
For example, if you chose Carol and Psychoanalytic Theory, you would
answer all of the following questions about Carol using the
- Based upon all that you know about your client, identify and
describe what in your opinion is your client’s most significant problem?
This may or may not be the stated “Reason for referral” that is written
at the start of each profile. Give a detailed rationale for your
assessment and provide supporting evidence from the profile and/or
counseling session video clip.
- Identify at least two secondary problems from the client’s profile
or video that should be addressed at some point in the counseling
process. Explain your rationale in some detail for choosing each of
these with supporting evidence from the written profile and/or the
- Using your chosen counseling theory, describe what your theory says
about the possible cause or origin of the primary problem discussed in
question 1 above. Here, you are trying to explain the assumptions your
chosen theory makes about problems that might be seen in a counseling
situation. For example if you assessed your client’s primary problem as
low self-esteem, a psychoanalytic therapist would delve into the
unconscious whereas an Adlerian would explore family history and a
reality therapist would look at choices the person has previously made.
Explain in detail by including concepts and terms from your chosen
counseling theory to support your perspective.
- Explain at least three counseling techniques or core principles from
your chosen counseling theory that could be used to address the primary
and secondary problems of your client. Explain how each of these
techniques or principles would be applied in the counseling session and
the expected outcome of each.
- Given what you know about your client’s situation, identify one
cultural issue that is significant in the client’s life outside of
therapy or could become an issue between the client and therapist in the
therapy session. After explaining the issue, explain two ways the
therapist could sensitively address this cultural issue with the client
in a way that that avoids stereotyping or bias. Remember to integrate
your chosen theory into the discussion.
- If you were to see this client on an ongoing basis, describe the
types of change or outcomes you could realistically expect to see in
your client, in light of the primary and secondary problems mentioned
earlier using your identified approach in therapy. Be specific and show
how the process of therapy with this counseling approach would lead to
the outcomes you discuss.
Your paper should be double-spaced and in 12 point, Times New Roman
font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of
typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page
with a running head, an abstract and a reference page. The body of the
paper should be 6 – 8 pages in length