Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Analyzing a Major Issue
Due Week 8 and worth 260 points
Before starting the paper:
- Review the major concepts of social psychology in the textbook.
- Select a topic from the list.
- Affirmative Action (may focus on affirmative action for racial or minorities, gender, or sexual orientation)
- Bullying (may focus on school bullying or cyberbullying)
- Violence in the media
- Development and influence of gangs
- Hate crimes against gays or other minorities
- Domestic violence (may focus on married couples or dating couples)
- Locate and read at least three (3) peer reviewed articles on the issuein the Strayer Library.
- At least one (1) article should discuss the historical event(s) or legal decision(s) that make the issue a major one in the United States.
- Two (2) of the articles should have different views about causes, effects, and ways to address the issue.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper (1,000 to 1,200 words) in which you:
- Provide an introduction to the paper with a thesis statement.
- Describe at least three (3) key historical events and / or legal decisions that make the issue a major or important one in the U.S.
- Discuss at least three (3) social psychology concepts addressed in the course that are related to the issue.
- Analyze at least three (3) challenges individuals and law enforcement agencies face with the issue.
- Explain your agreement with at least three (3) statements by authors of the references cited.
- Explain your disagreement with at least two (2) statements by authors of the references cited.
- Recommend at least two (2) ways that individuals should address the issue to help improve social elements involved in the issue.
- Suggest at least two (2) ways those in criminal justice (police officers, prosecuting attorneys, and / or judges) should address the issue.
- Provide a conclusion to the paper that includes a reference to the thesis statement and contains a summary of the main points.
- Provide at least three (3) external peer-reviewed references to support your paper.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length or word count.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the major theories within the field of social psychology.
- Develop an increased understanding of the dynamic between society and individuals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in social psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about social psychology using proper grammar and mechanics.