Small written assignment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
A. Select a trending topic connected to your field of study or
professional field. When considering topic choices, select topics that
fall under the broad umbrella of your field of study. Consider the
- Health care: Current health crisis or controversial medical issue
- Security studies: Controversial criminal case, legislation issues, and so forth
- Business and management: Trending topics in the corporate world
- Computer science and IT: IT and security issues; Prospering or
failing technology companies; Controversies related to technology
Note: You may choose a trending topic with which you are already
familiar, but if you would like additional ideas for topics, skim online
news outlets for stories or touch base with your instructor for
Click here for additional information on trending topics.
B. Research your trending topic and provide links to information on that topic from the following locations:
- Online news outlet (CNN, AP, New York Times, local news online, etc.)
- Library database or Google Scholar
Click here for additional information on platforms such as Twitter, Wikis, and News outlets.
Answer the following questions to compare and contrast the audience, purpose, and credibility of each link:
- Who is the intended audience for each of the communications?
- What is the purpose of each of these communications (to inform,
to educate, to entertain, to persuade, etc.)? How effective do you
think each communication was in accomplishing the writer’s purpose?
- What is the credibility of each of these communications and
why? Are any appropriate for use in an academic setting or professional
setting and why?
A. Write a mock Tweet, Facebook post, OR email about your trending topic.
Your mock message only needs to be created for this discussion board
assignment, and not actually posted on social media or sent.
- Tweet: 140 characters only; tweet should be concise
and clear; provide trending topic information and link to an article
about it; must include a hashtag.
- Facebook: summarize the information on your
trending topic and also express your reaction to the information and
possible ways your followers might need or use your discovery
- E-mail: must include the following fields: a
“to:” and “subject:” line and an appropriate “signature;” you should
have an introductory greeting, set the context, provide trending topic
information and link to an article about it, and have a concluding
statement; the e-mail should not exceed 6-8 sentences total.
B. Finally write a paragraph that discusses why you chose that
platform and how that impacted your purpose, audience, voice (diction),