Select one of the following theories of aging for this Assignment
The student will prepare a 10–12 slide PowerPoint® presentation meeting each of the follow criterion. The title slide and reference slides do not count in the 10–12 slides. The PowerPoint presentation should include speaker’s notes but no voice narration.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Select one of the following theories of aging for this Assignment and provide an overview of the main concepts of the chosen theory.
- Sociological Theories of Aging
- Activity Theory
- Disengagement Theory
- Subculture Theory
- Continuity Theory
- Age Stratification Theory
- Person-Environment-Fit Theory
- Genotranscendence Theory
- Psychological Theories of Aging
- Human Needs Theory
- Theory of Individualism
- Stages of Personality Development Theory
- Life-Course (Life Span Development) Paradigm
- Selective Optimization with Compensation Theory
- Biological Theories of Aging
- Stochastic Theories
- Free Radical Theory
- Orgel/Error Theory
- Wear and Tear Theory
- Connective Tissue Theory
- Nonstochastic Theories
- Programmed Theory
- Gene/Biological Clock Theory
- Neuroendocrine Theory
- Immunologic/Autoimmune Theory
- Provide one example of how you will apply the theory of aging in your role as a Nurse Practitioner working with the frail elderly population.
- Provide one example of how the theory of aging you selected will assist you as a nurse practitioner in promoting health care in the frail elderly population.
- Provide two examples of how you as the nurse practitioner will synthesize best practice in care of the aging population based on relevant research with regard to organ system changes with normal aging.
- Describe your area of greatest learning from completing this Assignment.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
- Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA