Public Health and Epidemiology(3)Case
Public Health and Epidemiology
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Read the module homepage and required readings. Read through this assignment, including the instructions, and the Assignment Expectations.
Please write an essay (2–3 pages total) in which you first clearly identify a single major achievement in Epidemiology (e.g., Smallpox, HIV/AIDS, Tobacco Use, Cholera). Then briefly describe one important tool that is used to measure its occurrence in a population. Briefly identify one source of public health data on that issue. Finally, incorporating the concepts of risk and rates, briefly discuss at least one major factor that influenced its occurrence.
You can submit your paper in Question and Answer format. In other words, list the questions and provide a short answer to each.
- Which single achievement in Epidemiology is of particular interest to you? (Some examples include Smallpox, HIV/AIDS, Tobacco Use, and Cholera). Please write 2–3 sentences maximum.
- Briefly describe that achievement in Epidemiology (1–2 paragraphs). In what era did this achievement occur? Be sure to cite sources rather than simply stating your opinion.
- Briefly describe one important tool that can be used to measure its occurrence in a population. Examples of Tools include surveys, surveillance, and biological monitoring. Please write 2–3 paragraphs about this, and be sure to cite sources rather than simply stating your opinion.
- Please identify one specific source of public health data on that issue and write one paragraph about it. Provide a description of the source and a link (i.e., hyperlink or URL) directly to the data source.
- Incorporating what you learned in this module about risk and rates, what would you say was one major factor that influenced the achievement of this occurrence? Please write 2–3 paragraphs and be sure to cite sources rather than simply stating your opinion.
Length: 2–3 pages, excluding title page and references.
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the grading rubric that is linked within the course. Review the rubric before you begin, so you are sure to meet each of the criteria.
In order to earn full credit
You must clearly show that you have read the module homepage and the required background materials that relate to this assignment. You are welcome to do research in addition to—but not instead of—the required readings.
Please write your paper in your own words. That is the only way I can evaluate your level of understanding.
Even though the papers must be written in your own words, you are required to use scholarly and professional sources to support your statement. Cite sources for any statement of fact or idea that is not common knowledge. You must cite the sources within the body of the paper and include a reference list at the end of the paper.
Draw upon a broad base of scholarly literature to support your statements. Web sites and fact sheets may be a useful starting point; however, you are expected to locate peer-reviewed readings on your topic from the electronic library.
Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of information. Use credible, professional, and scholarly sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles from the Online Library, and government, university, or nonprofit organizations’ Web sites.
Quotes are very rarely needed; if necessary, they should comprise less than 10% of a paper and must be properly cited.
Bonita, R., Beaglehole, R. & Kjellström, T. (2006). Chapter 1, What is Epidemiology? Basic epidemiology. 2nd edition. Retrieved from http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2006/9241547073_eng.pdf
Bonita, R., Beaglehole, R. & Kjellström, T. (2006). Chapter 2, Measuring Health and Disease. Basic epidemiology. 2nd edition. Retrieved from http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2006/9241547073_eng.pdf