In this activity, we will discuss what a goal is and some best practices for goal setting. What do you hope to accomplish? Is there a plan in development? If you have a plan, could you make any adjustments? Would you consider a different approach than the one listed in your plan? Do you have the required resources? Is each step clearly defined? These are important questions that need to be explored in order to flesh out our goals and identify the most efficient route to achieving them.
For this discussion, you will first need to define what a goal is and provide a comprehensive example of a goal. It is important that you not only understand what a goal is, but how to develop one. Please review the following list of best practices of goal setting:
- Performance goals are aligned with organizational goals.
- Goals include specific guidance on how to accomplish them.
- Achievement of performance goals is used to drive subsequent assignments.
- Employees and managers consider current performance, individual desires, and department needs when developing a goal.
- Goals are communicated to the project management team.
In your initial response:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- After reviewing these best practices, develop two of your own best practices related to goal setting.
- Provide evidence-based rationale for why you think your chosen best practices are valid.