Research major differences between public criminal investigations and private security investigations.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper identifying the major differences between public criminal investigations and investigators and their private security counterparts.
Include the following in your comparison:
- The foundational elements of a crime
- The differences and similarities between sectors, including the methods of operation during criminal investigations and issues of chain of command, authority over the incident and objectives of both sectors
- At least two situations where private and public investigators must interact
- Identify sources of information, both unique and common, to each sector
- The differences and similarities in the ability and authority to obtain information
- Explain scientific methods used by both sectors to investigate crimes and incidents
- Identify challenges or potential issues of investigations that cross jurisdictions
- Provide an example of an actual case that highlights aspects of both security and criminal investigations based on your comparison
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.