View an audio/video introduction to your Assignment. Closed captioning is embedded into the video.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Choose a prescription drug that has a generic available. Choose three different types of pharmacies. Examples:
- Large chain pharmacy such as Walgreens, CVS, Eckards, etc.
- Grocery store associate pharmacy such as Publix, Krogers, etc.
- Privately owned local pharmacy
- Pharmacy associated with a â€œbig boxâ€ store such as Target, Walmart, etc.
- Online pharmacy (must be in the United States)
Do not use any drugs on the pharmacyâ€™s four dollar or other special price list. If the pharmacy has a â€œclub cardâ€ or other special way of getting lower cost, do not use this cost.
Compare the cash cost of the brand and the generic making sure that the dose (milligrams, micrograms, etc.) and number of pills are the same.
Example: Synthroid .05 milligrams and levothyroxine .05 milligrams, prescription for 30 pills.
For over-the-counter products, use identical products including formulation (liquid, capsules, etc.), dose (mgs per tablet, mgs per cc, etc.) and size of packaging (20 tablets in the box, 90cc fluid in the bottle, etc.). Try to avoid products that contain multiple ingredients like cold preparations as these are hard to compare due to differing quantities of ingredients within each product.
Example: Benadryl (brand) 25 mg per capsule, 25 capsules per bottle and diphenhydramine (generic) 25 mg per capsule, 25 capsules bottle.
Cash Price at Pharmacy A
Cash Price at Pharmacy B
Cash Price at Pharmacy C
Brand name prescription drug
Generic of above prescription drug
Generic or store brand of the over-the-counter drug used above
This Assignment is due on the last day of Unit 1.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics submodule under Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above); and
- consult the Grading Rubric (under Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary.