The dominant rhetorical strategy for your paper is persuasive argumentation. However in putting together the paper, you should also naturally incorporate compare/contrast and descriptive strategies. The final draft should be approximately 5-7 pages, double-spaced, presented in MLA documentation (Works Cited page and in-text citations) with integrated information from at least 3 sources. No first person voice (“I”) should be used in the writing.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment: Write a paper that comprehensively explains differing viewpoints regarding a current controversy and persuasively argues in support of one of the views.
- Should racial profiling be a legitimate law-enforcement policy?
- Should Affirmative Action for state university enrollment be continued?
- Should the primary method of public school funding – property taxes in individual school districts – be amended to create more fairness in schools?
- Should high school history classes and social studies curriculum be changed to reflect diversity and multicultural perspectives?
- Should hate groups have the right to distribute literature on university campuses?
- Should the United States have more secure borders?
- Should ESL students be taught in their native language?
Gender and Sexuality
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- Is there true salary disparitiy between men and women?
Media / Sports / Entertainment
- Does violence in the media contribute to violence in society?
- Should professional athletes continue to be allowed in the Olympics?
- Should children who commit certain crimes be treated as adults?
- What kinds of rights should criminals have?
- Should prison be punitive or rehabilitative in nature?
- What conditions of interrogation should be acceptable for suspected terrorists?
- What should constitute acceptable “prayer” or moments of silence in public schools?
- Should religious phrases be removed from American money?
- Should strict faith-based healing be allowed?
- Should school lunches be regulated?
- What rights should people loose when they are on public school property?
- Is teaching tenure a good practice?
- Should GPA standards for athletes be more rigidly enforced?
- Should product advertising be permitted in public schools?