Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Listed below are the transactions for Ajayi Art, Inc. for the month of July:
- July 1 Ajayi Art, Inc. is started with an investment of $250,000 cash.
- July 1 Ajayi purchases office equipment for $22,250 by signing a 10% note (interest and principal to be paid over the next 12 months).
- July 6 Pays rent for the art gallery in advance for the next three months with a check for $3,000.
- July 8 Purchases art supplies from Wacky Art Co. on credit for $10,300.
- July 9 Receipt of $3,500 from a customer who has commissioned a piece of custom art to be completed by the end of the year.
- July 11 Pays miscellaneous office expenses totaling $375 in cash.
- July 13 Bills customers $4,300 for art classes provided in June.
- July 15 Pays $3,500 to Wacky Art Co.
- July 20 Receives $1,900 from customers on account.
- July 30 Ajayi records $3,800 in salaries for the month of July. Paychecks will be disbursed to employees on August 2nd.
- Enter the transactions shown above in appropriate general ledger accounts (use T-accounts). Use the following ledger accounts: Cash, Accounts Receivable, Supplies on Hand, Office Equipment, Accumulated Depreciation, Accounts Payable, Common Stock, Service Revenue, Rent Expense, Miscellaneous Office Expense, Office Salaries Expense, Supplies Expense, Depreciation Expense, and Income Summary.
- Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
- Record depreciation using a 5-year life on the office equipment, the straight-line method, and no salvage value. Round to whole numbers. Also, record an adjustment for art supplies used in the amount of $1,510 and record interest expense for the note.
- Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
- Prepare an income statement, a statement of retained earnings, and an unclassified balance sheet.
- Prepare closing entries.
In a one-page memo conforming to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA, provide an explanation to the management team on July’s financial performance.