Explanation of the Internal Proposal
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
An internal proposal is a formal document that an employee writes and submits to supervisors or managers, suggesting a way to correct a problem in the company or improve performance/productivity.
The internal proposal uses a problem-solution-evidence pattern of organization:
- The writer first identifies a problem or need faced by the company.
- The writer next proposes a solution to the problem.
- The writer then presents several pieces of evidence in support of the proposed solution.The evidence usually falls into categories of
- equipment to be purchased or leased
- workspace and facilities to be built, remodeled, renovated, leased
- staff to be hired, retrained, or let go, and consultants to be used
- schedules and timelines of significant dates for the project
- budgets and costs of the project, including return on investment
Steps #1 and #2 are usually handled in the introduction to the proposal.Step #3, the presentation of evidence, is the longest part, taking up most of the space in the proposal.
As a formal document, your internal proposal will have the following sections:
- title page
- â€œcoverâ€ memo
- table of contents
- executive summary
- text of the proposal â€“ with an introduction, discussion and conclusion (around 1200 words)
- works cited page, if youâ€™ve used secondary research.
Use the aardvark proposal as a model for the format of this proposal.
Memo I attached the template below
October 10, 2018
From: Your name
Subject: Internal proposal planning
My tentative plan for the internal proposal is to recommend an upgrade in computer hardware and software for an automobile insurance company.
Fox Den Auto Insurance faces a problem of losing customers because their computer system is old and therefore extremely slow in processing customer claims. Our competitors can process a claim in less than 12 hours, while we require two business days. An upgrade in hardware and software will make our data entry staff much more efficient. I will also recommend the creation of a centralized data entry hub.
My proposal will involve the purchase of hardware and software, physical modifications of company facilities, the hiring and retraining of personnel, a timeline and a budget.