After formulating a clearly defined plan for a gap analysis, the next logical step is to conduct the gap analysis. The gap analysis will shed additional light on the details of the current-state workflow and provide directions for transitioning into the future-state workflow.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
At this stage in the Course Project, you will conduct your gap analysis, which you planned throughout Weeks 3–5. You will also finalize your draft of the current-state workflow in Visio using the information you collect during your gap analysis.
To prepare for Part 2 of the Course Project:
- Review your Gap Analysis Plan (Part 1 of the Course Project) and prepare any necessary recording documents and meeting/observation arrangements with the individuals involved in the workflow.
- Conduct the gap analysis. Observe and consult with individuals in your organization who are involved in the workflow.
- Analyze the data you gathered and whether or not it meets the goals and objectives you set in your Gap Analysis Plan (Part 1 of the Course Project).
- Interpret the meanings and implications of the data you collected. Consider how the workflow issues relate to electronic health records (EHRs) and one or more specific meaningful use objectives.
- Examine your Visio draft of the current-state workflow. Consider how the draft aligns with the data you collected in your gap analysis. You will also receive feedback from your colleagues in Week 6.
- Begin revising your Visio draft of the current-state workflow based on your gap analysis. Remember to update the information in the swimlane. In addition, prepare to write a detailed description of your Visio workflow.
To complete Part 2 of the Course Project:
- Based on the information gathered in your gap analysis, create a finalized Visio model of the current-state workflow.
- Then, in a 3- to 4-page paper, respond to the following:
- Explain the results of your gap analysis and how they address the goals you set in Part 1 of the Course Project. Identify the issues (gaps) within the current workflow.
- Analyze how the issues you identified relate to EHRs and one or more meaningful use objectives.
- Describe in detail the final version of your Visio model of the current-state workflow. Include in your description an explanation of the swimlane (who completes each step). In addition, identify where the workflow gaps exist.
- Explain how you changed your Visio draft based on the feedback you will have received from your colleagues in the Week 6 Discussion and the information you gathered during your gap analysis.
- In a reference list, cite a minimum of three scholarly references (with APA citations) you used to conduct your gap analysis and create your current-state workflow model.
Part 2 of the Course Project, including both the paper and the current-state workflow model in Visio, is due by Day 7 ofWeek 7.