M5 Assignment 1 Submission – Submit Assignment
Assignment 1: LASA 2: Ethnographic Comparison
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Anthropologists are interested in framing broad
hypotheses about human behavior. In order to do this, it is imperative
to use examples from multiple cultures to ensure that their conclusions
are not grounded in a single case.
In this assignment, you will be taking on the role of an
ethnologist, using multiple ethnographic accounts to study human
behavior and culture.
Do the following:
- Identify two to three societies to compare, such as an African
society (for example, Ethiopian, Liberian, etc.), Indian, Chinese,
Korean, or one of the many Native American groups (for example, the
Cherokee, the Inuit, etc.).
- Choose one aspect of human culture discussed in the course:
- Domestic life and kinship
- Subsistence and economy
- Culture change
Using the module readings, Argosy University online
library resources, and the Internet, write a research paper to include
- Describe the background information of each of the societies you
have chosen. You need not analyze this background information, only
provide details regarding these societies.
- Analyze the aspect of human culture you selected for each of the societies.
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences between the
societies in relation to the topic you chose—for example, standard of
living, education, or employment opportunities.
- Summarize and address human behavior in relation to your topic and based on your examples.
- Address the realities of life for the cultures you have examined.
- Examine some of the social problems and public policy issues that become apparent.
Your paper should have a title page as well as an
introduction section. This introduction section should include the
societies you selected as well as the human culture aspect you will be
discussing and why it is relevant to anthropology. As an anthropologist,
use relevant anthropological terms in your analysis.
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references.
Write a 4–6-page paper in Word format. Apply APA
standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming