Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The complexity and volume of patient data makes clinical decision support very challenging for health care providers. The field of Informatics can be used to process this data and form recommendations to assist these health care providers. Clinical decision support systems are used to help determine the nature of patients’ disease state, determine a diagnosis, and develop a care plan. For your Final Paper, select and evaluate one of the clinical decision support systems (CDSS) listed on pages 100-102 of your textbook
Your paper must address the following components:
- clinical intent
- mechanisms of intervention
- methods of reasoning
- Privacy and Security
- What privacy and security protections are built into the CDSS?
- What are some of the privacy and security concerns you think should be addressed to prevent unauthorized access?
- What other health information systems (EHR, CPOE, etc.) does the CDSS incorporate?
- What standards (ANSI, HL-7, UMLS, ASTM, etc.) does the CDSS utilize?
- What strategies could be used to ensure interoperability with other systems?
- Incorporation of Internet Technologies
- How does the CDSS interact with the internet?
- What internet based standards does the CDSS incorporate (SGML, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)?
- Data Integrity
- What are the sources of the data?
- List at least 10 data elements and permissible values for the data dictionary?
- For your selected system, create a policy to ensure compliance with health information, data exchange or industry infrastructure standards.
The Final Paper should demonstrate an understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, case studies, assignments, additional research and the application of new knowledge.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources (including textbook).
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.