Perhaps the biggest concern with regards to intelligence fusion centers at the federal, state, and local levels is the concern over privacy. Since their inception, fusion center officials have taken a number of steps to embed privacy policies and practices into the management of the program.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You are the chief privacy officer (CPO) for the Department of Homeland Security assigned to the DHS privacy office. As the CPO, you are responsible for enforcing fusion center privacy policies, including specifically insuring that the methods and technologies used by the fusion centers for intelligence collection and dissemination do not violate privacy protections and that the fusion center complies with fair information practices in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974. One of your primary responsibilities as the CPO is to conduct a privacy impact assessment of the current policies, practices, and proposals involving the collection and disclosure of personal information by fusion centers.
- For this assignment, you must write an assessment (3–4 pages) of the current policies, practices, and proposals regarding privacy and fusion centers.
- Using the library, course materials, textbook, and Web resources, research current policies, practices, and proposals regarding privacy and fusion centers.
- Address the following in 1,000–1,250 words:
- How do these policies affect the overall mission of the fusion center? Explain.
- Do the policies effectively protect privacy in accordance with U.S. privacy laws? Explain and fully support your rationale.
- Be sure to provide specific examples to support your arguments.
- How would you assess the current process of policy implementation regarding citizen privacy? Explain.
- How would you improve the current process and system? Give a detailed explanation.
- Remember to only use scholarly and academic resources to support your arguments.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
This assignment will require additional outside research, and your paper must be supported by at least 2 scholarly references. There is no specific format for this assignment, but standard APA formatting will apply.