KINESICS: the study of body motion or body behavior.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Emblems: gestures that have a direct verbal translation and can stand alone such as the “ok” sign.
- Illustrators: gestures that compliment our words such as pointing when giving directions.
- Regulators: gestures that may prolong or
terminate the conversation such as looking at your watch, walking away
or nodding and leaning forward.
- Adaptors: gestures that make you feel more comfortable in a communication situation such as twirling your hair or tapping your fingers.
- Affect Displays: facial expressions motivated by emotion such as a smile or frown.
- In this lesson you will venture out and observe the people
around you. Tune out what they are saying and then sit back and watch.
Take notes on what type of gestures (emblems, regulators, illustrators, adaptors and affect displays) are they using? How often do they use each one? Are they aware of these gestures?
You will then use your notes to write a typed two page essay describing
what you witnessed. Please let us know where you were, the mall,
Starbucks, work etc.. and who was involved, two men sitting at a table…
|Describe at least ten separate gestures.||
Please submit in drop box your essay including:
Reminder: All written work must
comply with standard English rules, such as proper capitalization,
grammar and spelling. The assignment must be submitted by the deadline
listed in the calendar.
Note: Even though you
will see a statement giving you the option of copy/paste or file
attachment, you are required to attach the assignment in MS Word format.