Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Last week we began a short Instructions/Process Document assignment. This assignment is due at the end of Week 6. While this due date seems pretty far away, it’s important that we use our time wisely and do the best job we can (rather than waiting until the last minute — a sure way to create a poor document!).
For this discussion, take some time to give us an update on the progress you’ve made thus far. Specifically, answer the following questions:
1. What is your project topic? (Refresh our memories on your topic.)
2. What research have you done up to this point?
3. What graphics have you created or found to use in this project?
4. What part of this project is going well, and what do you particularly enjoy about this topic?
5. What problems, if any, have you had up to this point?
Remember, we are looking for an honest evaluation of the progress you’ve made on your project. (Formal progress reports are an essential part of every technical profession. We’ll be looking at the design and conventions of a formal progress report later on in class. For now, we’ll stick with this informal update to your classmates).
Your post should be at least 200 words long.
Create a Table of Contents
Creating a Table of Contents for a technical report can be either a few simple clicks (if you know what you’re doing) or an absolute nightmare of skewed characters and unprofessional, disjointed text.
Watch the 3 short videos about creating a TOC in
Microsoft Word 2016 at
How to create a Manual Table of Contents in Word 2016 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Open Office at
OpenOffice Tutorial: How to Create a Table of Contents (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Apple Pages at
Creating a Table of Contents In Pages (MacMost Now 542) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Note: You may have to copy and paste these URLs into your browser in order to go to the appropriate Web page. Clicking these URLs may or may not work].
Then, do two things:
1. Come back to this Discussion forum and tell us which video was the most informative and most effective in teaching this important task. Also, tell us why.
2. Create a TOC for your Instructions/Process Document (due this week) and upload your TOC as an attachment to this Discussion post.
Note: you should also include your TOC with your final, uploaded Instructions/Process Document.