Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Discussion post, as they serve only to begin your thinking process; however, you must explain your reasoning as you formulate your formal response.)
- Using this week’s Resources, define “inside-out” thinking and blue ocean strategy. How can these strategies be useful in developing or adapting a business paradigm?
- Refer back to your Discussion in Week 1. In this week’s Discussion, you will continue your examination of the same company you discussed in Week 1. Return to the company’s website and other sources of information and see what you can determine about the goals of this company.
- Reflect on why it is important for employees at all levels to be familiar with a company’s goals.
Now answer a cohesive response that addresses the following based on the company you choose Canon Inc.
- Describe the goals of the company you selected. What is the company’s overall purpose? What population is the company trying to reach? Describe how the company’s overall purpose differs from its strategic intent as discussed in Week 1. Refer to the company’s website or other credible sources to support your answers. How easy was it to determine this information? How could the company strengthen its message?
- Why is it important for an organization to focus on the “inside” first? What should a manager do to ensure that the company goals are incorporated into the company’s culture and identity? Are manager’s actions limited by their level within an organization?
- Defend the importance of making a clear connection between the “why and the how.” What are the advantages of employees understanding the why?
- Consider what you have read and seen about blue ocean strategy. How would such a model help with the “how” of the company you selected?
Ashton, C., & Morton, L. (2005). Managing talent for competitive advantage. Strategic HR Review, 4(5), 28–31.
Schulz, W. C. (2011). The key to successful skill-based strategies: Focus on leadership, top to bottom. Leadership Excellence, 28(6), 17.
Hamel, G., & Prahalad, C. K. (2005). Strategic intent. Harvard Business Review, 83(7/8), 148–161.
Sull, D. N. (2007). Closing the gap between strategy and execution. MIT Sloan Management Review, 48(4), 30–38
Kim, W., & Mauborgne, R. (2005). Value innovation: A leap into the blue ocean. Journal of Business Strategy, 26(4), 22–28.