Write a 700- to 1,050-word journal entry in narrative style describing the role of nonverbal communications in your workplace.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Describe three situations involving nonverbal communication that you observed or experienced between a manager and subordinate. Detail the following for each situation:
- The setting, such as a conversation, presentation, or meeting. Describe the relationship between the participants, such as the boss and subordinate, peers, speaker, and audience.
- The nonverbal communications you observed and whether they were congruent with the verbal conversation. Where incongruence occurred, how might the participants have provided effective feedback to prevent the situation from recurring?
- The function or functions of the non-verbal communication, such as complementing, accenting, contradicting, repeating, regulating, or substituting. How did your non-verbal communication examples fulfill these functions?
- How unconventional language or word choice might have hindered the situations observed. Consider “shoptalk” and denotative versus connotative meanings. If there was no shoptalk, say there was none and why this added to the understanding of the communication.
- At least one listening technique the manager used. Was this an appropriate technique for this situation? Why or why not? What other effective listening techniques would you recommend for the manager in this situation?
- Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines. This includes a title page, 12 point font, double spacing, a header with page numbers starting on the title page with is page 1, correctly formatted in text citations and a separate reference page.
ALL PAPERS IN THIS CLASS REQUIRE AT LEAST ONE REFERENCE.