- Read/review the following:
- Visit the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations (UN) websites and examine issues related to the Global Burden of Disease and the effects of natural and man-made disasters on population health (e.g., displacement).
- Review the Anthrax scenario and Point of Dispensing (POD) information at http://www.thepodgame.com/index.html
- Play the PODS game as a medical screener
- Video: START: Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment
Complete the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review two common threats to population health reported by WHO and the UN.
- Are primary prevention efforts employed/in place to address these threats?
- How successful were you as a medical screener in the POD scenario? How did you feel during the exercise and watching the video?
- Give two examples of how public health nurses can help prevent or prepare for global or local threats to community health as a result of natural or man-made disasters.