Assignment 1: How Big Global Businesses Compare
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Select one (1) global industry, such as the automobile or cell phone industry. Next, use the Internet to research three (3) major international competitors within the chosen industry. Take note of manner in which the popular international business press (e.g., newspapers, magazines, e-zines, press releases, etc.) depicts the selected companies.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the three (3) models of culture. Next, select one (1) of the researched international competitors, and ascertain the model of culture that is most appropriate for the selected international competitor. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Recommend the type of economic system that best relates to each of the researched international competitors. Predict three (3) potential effects of such an economic system on the societies in which the system is involved. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Speculate on the major reasons why certain countries have lagged behind other countries in economic development. Recommend three (3) generic actions that the three (3) researched major competitors could take in order to encourage economic progress within these countries. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Imagine that you have been given the opportunity to lead one (1) of the three (3) researched international competitors. Select one (1) company in which you are interested in leading, and provide a rationale for your choice. Propose the necessary major steps—including education, social development, community activities, bargaining skills, language skills, conflict management skills, etc.—that you would need to take in order to propel you from where you are today to a global leadership / management position at your chosen company.
- Suggest two (2) global changes in expansion, technology, marketing, products, services, human resources, and customer service, etc., that you would make as CEO of the selected international organization from Question 4. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the management concepts in a global business including culture, ethics, and social responsibility.
- Examine the complexity of understanding new cultures and its impact to multinational management.
- Evaluate strategic management and participation strategies in a global business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global management.
- Write clearly and concisely about global management using proper writing mechanics.