This is a two part assignment:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Aspects of Language Presentation (Part 1)
Based on your readings this week create a PowerPoint
presentation or Prezi that addresses the following components. Be sure
to completely answer all of the questions for each bullet point. Use
clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are
addressing on the sides in your presentation. Support your content with
at least three citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to
reference the citations using the APA writing style for the
presentation. Include a reference slide at the end. Follow best
practices for PowerPoint and Prezi presentations related to test, size,
color, images effects, wordiness and multimedia enhancements.
- Title slide (1 slide)
- Explain each of the five aspects of language (phonological,
semantic, syntactic, morphemic, and pragmatic). Provide examples of what
each aspect entails in regards to oral language. (5-7 slides)
- Explain how these aspects impact writing development. (5-7 slides)
- Finally, explain how understanding the five aspects of language
impact the social interactions with children at each of the three
levels of language. (5-7 slides)
- Reference slide with a minimum of three professional references (1 slide) Produce the Assignment submission in a single Microsoft Word
or Open Office document. Be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as
required, check your spelling.
Assignment: (Part 2)
1. Identify the 3 sources of knowledge that make up developmentally appropriate practice and give an example of each.
2. Select three historic figures in early childhood and give a brief description of their contribution to the field.
3. What does High Scope call the sequence in which children
make decisions about their own activities, engage in activities, and
then talk about them?
4. Name 2 trends that prompted DAP to come into being.
5. Identify 3 practices that run counter to DAP.
6. Based on your readings, name two classroom practices that support the developmental principle, variation of rates.
7. Rodney and Sarah are playing with some tabletop blocks.
Identify four areas of development and what the children might be
learning as they play in relation to their development.
8. Jack has finished reading his first chapter book. Give an example of ineffective praise. Give an example of effective praise.
9. Jack and Jill, two four-year-olds, are building a
road with blocks. Give an example of an open-ended question. Give an
example of a behavior reflection.
10. Who develops the standards that describe what
children might be reasonably expected to know and do at different ages
or in different grades? Provide at least three sources.
1. Describe one of the criticisms of DAP and how you might
respond to a person stating such a criticism based on evidence presented
in your text.
2. Name and define 4 of the 8 intelligences
according to Howard Garner. Discuss the implication these have for
teachers in early childhood classrooms.
3. The children are interested in learning about
rocks. Describe three different activity types that you might use to
address this content and provide a brief example of each.
4. Draw a diagram depicting the phases in the Cycle of
Learning. Describe each phase and the implications that these phases
have in terms of early childhood practices.