PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Course Info. Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: A Major Hotel Brand
Due Week 4 and worth 200 pointsIn todayâ€™s lodging Industry, there are a wide range of great hotel / motel brands that work tirelessly to deliver their products and services to the customer segments they serve.For this assignment, you are going to choose one (1) major hotel/motel brand (global brand, regional brand, or boutique brand) and conduct an in-depth research study. This could be a brand you currently work for, a brand you want to work for one day, and a brand you are interested in learning more about.Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief overview of the brand including an overview of its parent company (if applicable), age of the brand and a brief history, number of properties, average number rooms per property, an overview of the brand hallmarks, an overview of the guest loyalty program, and most recent hotel brand performance metrics (i.e., annual ADR, Occ %, RevPAR, and competitive market metrics).
- Determine the brand organizational restructure for their properties, the role / responsibilities for each position, and whether this is the optimal structure for the brand.
- Analyze the portfolio of hotel brands and the different level of services that the parent company offers and determine whether this is the optimal level of brands and services provided. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the marketing and customer rewards system used by this brand and determine if this is the optimal marketing system to allow for repeat customer reservations and brand loyalty. Explain your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different compared to other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. (Note: You’ll be prompted to enter your Blackboard login credentials to view these standards.)
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the characteristics of the hotel industry, ownership patterns, and market dynamics.
- Explain the function and operation of the various systems and automation applications that support hotel operations, including the property management systems, communications, room locking systems and security, and reservation systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in lodging operations management.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in lodging operations management using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.