Week 2 – Assignment 2
Formulate a Career Plan
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Knowing which career you want to pursue is an important first
step to tackling your job search and career goals. However, simply
identifying an ideal position will not propel you to achieve these
goals. To successfully attain your goals, there are recommended action
steps for you to take.
For this assignment you will explore
the requirements for your potential career path, assess your current
skill set, and identify what action steps you can take to make your
career goals more attainable. Take these steps to prepare your
- Read the Career Planning Step-by-Step (Links to an external site.) article to better understand the importance of developing a clear career plan.
- Watch the Resources for Developing an Effective Career Plan webinar (Links to an external site.).
- Review the : an interactive tool to help you gather information which you may wish to include in your career plan.
- Identify your long-term goals. Where
would you like to be one to five years from now? What is the industry
and role you would like to pursue for your career?
- Explore the skills and
qualifications related to this type of role. What qualifications do you
already possess? What new skills, knowledge, certifications, or
trainings might you need to be successful? Identify the additional
action steps you will need to take to be even more qualified for the
position you would like to pursue. Be sure to set reasonable deadlines
for these action steps.
- Reflect on your resources. What
barriers do you need to overcome to be successful? Are there individuals
in your personal or professional network who can help you?