Criminal Justice Homework
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a 200- to 300-word response in which you describe the distinctions between jails and prisons. Address the following in your comparison:
- Identify the four types of prisons.
- Explain the concept of prison as a total institution.
- Explain why jails play an important role in the criminal justice system.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Criminal Justice -Discussion Questions ( No min word count- does not need to be in APA)
1.How would you define corrections programs? How do community-based corrections programs affect prisoners? What would happen if corrections programs were not community-based? Explain
2.How does each type of prison play a role in the criminal justice system? How do the criteria of each type of prison affect sentencing?
Write a 350-word response to the following:
Why are companies required to prepare a statement of cash flows? Why is the statement of cash flows divided into three sections? What does each section tell you about the operations of a company?
Format your response consistent with APA guidelines.
Accounting Discussion Questions (no min word count- do not need to be in APA format)
1. Discussion #1 — Statement of Cash Flows
- Why is it necessary to convert accrual-based net income to cash-basis income when preparing a statement of cash flows?
- The president of Ferneti Company is puzzled. During the last year, the company experienced a net loss of $800,000, yet its cash increased $300,000 during the same period of time. Explain to the president how this could occur.
Analyze these transactions as they relate to the Statement of Cash Flows:
Pioneer Corporation had these transactions during 2011:
(a) Issued $50,000 par value common stock for cash.
(b) Purchased a machine for $30,000, giving a long-term note in exchange.
(c) Issued $200,000 par value common stock upon conversion of bonds having a face value of $200,000.
(d) Declared and paid a cash dividend of $18,000.
(e) Sold a long-term investment with a cost of $15,000 for $15,000 cash.
(f) Collected $16,000 of accounts receivable.
(g) Paid $18,000 on accounts payable.
Analyze the transactions and indicate whether each transaction resulted in a cash flow from
operating activities, investing activities, financing activities, or noncash investing and financing
3.Discussion #3 — Building a Statement of Cash Flows (video)