Field Experience A: IEP Meetings
Observe and interview one certified K-12 special education teacher on the topic of the
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
IEP process. Your interview should address the following:
- Who are the stakeholders are involved in the IEP process? What are the roles and
responsibility of each stakeholder?
- If there are any stakeholders absent, what are the procedures? Can the meeting
still take place? Can stakeholders participate via technology?
- Who leads an IEP meeting and how does an IEP meeting begin? What must be covered?
- How should an IEP meeting conclude? What must be covered?
- What are the main components of the IEP?
- How are IEP goals and an intervention plan for those goals determined?
- Who are the stakeholders involved in a transition plan?
- What are the main components in a transition plan (according to the age of the
individual with exceptionalities)?
- What are the next steps for a special education teacher after the IEP meeting takes place?
- Who receives copies of the IEP? What are the confidentiality rules surrounding
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.