Through your reading this week, you have become more familiar with I/O psychology. This familiarity guides us in developing our understanding of how this area of study can be applied to many areas and careers, whether in the “helping” professions or in business, education, and communications.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- For this discussion, first create a timeline of your plans/goals for the next ten years.
- Next, discuss you career goals for the future and how the factors associated with I/O psychology could be applicable to help you succeed and grow as an individual based on these goals.
- Next, if the word organization is defined as a structured body of people with a common purpose, what unique opportunities might the field of I/O psychology present for you personally based on two of your listed goals? (Consider your family or other outside organizations with which you are involved.)
- Considering both your personal and professional goals, and after reviewing the content, are there any areas of I/O psychology that you believe will be more applicable to you than another? Why or why not? How might these areas be helpful to employees and managers? Include evidence from major theories of business psychology to support your answer.
Your initial post should be between 300 and 350 words. You must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed source that was published within the last five years. Cite all information from your sources according to APA guidelines as outlined in the In-Text Citation Helper: A Guide to Making APA In-Text Citation (Links to an external site.)s (Links to an external site.). (Links to an external site.) List each of your sources at the end of your post according to APA style as shown in the sample page for References (Links to an external site.). (Links to an external site.)
**Reminder: Each week you will be given instruction in the Guided Response about the expectations for responding to your peers and to the instructor. (Please see below.) These expectations may differ from week to week and/or from your previous courses, so please reach out to your instructor if you have any questions or concerns.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Respond substantively to at least two of your peers’ original postings.
- Did they consider any additional ideas about applying this content to their career development and success?
- What additional ideas can you offer them? Does your peer have an accurate description about what I/O psychology focuses on?
- Can you help your peer to better understand I/O psychology, based on your own experiences/knowledge?
- Continue to monitor this discussion board through 5 PM (Mountain Time) on Day 7 of the week.
- Be sure to also respond to your instructor’s comments to you (when applicable) in this forum by Day 7.
Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.