Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Environmental Public Health
Read the module homepage and required readings. Read through this assignment and the Assignment Expectations.
Based on the background readings for this module (along with other relevant sources of credible information), your task is to write a 2- to 3-page essay in which you discuss an environmental public health issue in your community.
You can submit your paper in a Question and Answer format. In other words, list the questions and provide a short answer to each.
- State the name of your community. At what time in your life did you live in this community? (i.e. were you raised there during childhood, do you live there now, or was it during another time in your life?)
- Identify a specific environmental public health issue in the community.
- Explain briefly why rates of disease or illness might be impacted by this environmental health issue. Please write 1–2 paragraphs about this, and be sure to cite sources rather than simply stating your opinion.
- Identify one credible source of Environmental Health Data on that issue. (Please write 2–3 sentences maximum. Please provide a description of the source and a link (i.e. hyperlink or URL) directly to relevant data sources.
- Discuss whether rates of disease or illness for the issue are being tracked in the community. Please write 2–3 paragraphs about this, and be sure to cite sources rather than simply stating your opinion.
Length: 2–3 pages, excluding title page and references.
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the grading rubric that is linked within the course. Review the rubric before you begin, so you are sure to meet each of the criteria.
In order to earn full credit
You must clearly show that you have read the module homepage and the required background materials that relate to this assignment. You are welcome to do research in addition to—but not instead of—the required readings.
Please write your paper in your own words. That is the only way I can evaluate your level of understanding.
Even though the papers must be written in your own words, you are required to use scholarly and professional sources to support your statement. Cite sources for any statement of fact or idea that is not common knowledge. You must cite the sources within the body of the paper and include a reference list at the end of the paper.
Draw upon a broad base of scholarly literature to support your statements. Web sites and fact sheets may be a useful starting point; however, you are expected to locate peer-reviewed readings on your topic from the electronic library.
Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of information. Use credible, professional, and scholarly sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles from the Online Library, and government, university, or nonprofit organizations’ Web sites.
Quotes are very rarely needed; if necessary, they should comprise less than 10% of a paper and must be properly cited.
Lebel, J. (2003). Chapter 3: Lessons and Successes. In: Health: An Ecosystem Approach. pages 31-50. IDRC Books. LC Call Number: RA565 — .L42 2003eb. eISBN: 9781552501948 pISBN: 9781552501948. Available in eBrary.
Ali, R., Wheitner, D., Talbott, E., and Zborowski, J. (2007, Oct.) Connecting Environmental Health Data To People And Policy: Integrating Information And Mobilizing Communities For Environmental Public Health Tracking. Journal of Community Health, 32(5), 357-74.