Create a 12-15 slide PowerPoint presentation intended to be shown to elementary general education classroom teachers within a professional development setting.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Address the following within your presentation:
- Describe the scope and importance of reading education history in the U.S.
- Discuss the importance of literacy in grades K-3 and its educational effects on later academic years.
- Provide an overview of each of the five areas of reading instruction (i.e., phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and text comprehension).
- Describe how the brain is involved in the five areas (Big 5) of reading instruction and how the sequential order of each component is important in learning to read and comprehend text.
- Identify and describe two intervention strategies, per Big 5 component, for struggling readers. At least one strategy identified, per component, should be appropriate for utilization at home