Show all working
1. An IV bag of 500ml D5W is infusing. The infusion pump is set at 50ml/hr. The bag was hung at 0130. When will the infusion be complete?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Order: Lactulose 30 g. Available 10g/15 ml. How many mls are to be administered?
3. The recommended pediatric dosage for a drug is 5-8mg/kg. The safe dosage range for a child weighing 33 lbs. is
4. Compute the average hourly urine output for a total output of 2150 ml in 24 hours (round to nearest whole number
5. Calculate the fluid intact in mls for the following food items. (Assume a soup bowl holds 6oz, a Jell-O cup holds 5 oz and a glass holds 8 oz.
- 1 bowl tomato soup
- Â¼ quart iced tea
- 1 lime Jell-O cup
- Â½ glass water
6. Order: Lorazepam 3.5 mg IM. Available 2mg/ml. How many mls needs to be administered?
7. Order: Fentanyl 60 mcg IM. Available 250mcg/5ml. How many mls need to be administered?
8. Order: Reglan 5 mg IVP. Available 10mg/2ml. How many mls need to be administered?
9. Calculate the hourly IV flow rate. The patientâ€™s IV is flowing at 10ml/hr. Ordered: 2mg/hr Available: 100mg in 500ml of solution
- What is the concentration of the drug in the IV solution
- How many mg/hr is the patient receiving?
- Is the patient receiving the appropriate dose?
- What is the appropriate nursing action, if any?
10. Calculate the hourly IV flow rate. Ordered: An IV of 2mcg/kg/min. Available: 100mg in 250ml. Patient weight = 50 kg
- What is the concentration of the drug in the IV solution
- How many mcg/hr is ordered?
- How may mg/hr is ordered?
- How many ml/hr are needed to give the ordered doseâ€”round to the nearest tenth of a ml
11. Infuse 1L Lactated Ringers in 7 hours. What is the ml/hr rate?
12. An IV of amiodarone 450mg in 250 ml D5W is infusing at 15ml/hr. What dose is the client receiving?
13. Your 68 year-old patient has difficulty swallowing tablets. The provider changes the order to an oral suspension that contains 25mg/5ml indomethacin. For a dose of 50mg of the suspension the client must have teaspoons
14. The provider orders heparin 3500 units SQ daily. Heparin is available as 5000 units/ml. How many mls does the client receive?
15. Order: Nitroglycerin at 2mcg/kg/min. Patient = 145.2 pounds. The client receives a dosage of mcg/ min
16. Safe dosage: Dobutamine 2.5 â€“ 20 mcg/kg/min. Available: 250mg in 250ml D5W. Client = 143 pounds.The IV flow rates for the lowest and highest dosages for the client are:
17. 200 ml Lactated Ringers is being infused at 33ml/hr. How long will the IV take to infuse?
18. Order: 150 mlg IVPB is to be infused in 90 minutes.
- If the IVPB is delivered with an infusion pump what rate will you use to program the pump?
- If the IVPD is delivered by gravity tubing with a drop factor of 15, what rate will you set for the drop factor?
19. A unit of blood (500ml) is hung at 0800 hrs. The flow rate is 40 gtt/min. The tubing drip factor is 10. When will the infusion be complete?
20. Order: infuse 2L NS over 24 hours. What is the ml/hr that you set on the infusion pump?
21. Order: Ampicillin 350mg IM Q6hrs. Available: Ampicillin 1gm. Add 3.5ml diluent. Each ml = 250mg. How many mls will be administered for one dose?
22. Safe dosage range: Order: 50 mg po daily. Childâ€™s weight: 22 lbs. Safe dose range = 10-20 mg/kg/day. Safe to give or hold the dose?
23. Calculate the 24-hr dose in mg. Order: 50mcg Q4hrs. What is the dose for 24 hrs in mg?
24. Safe dosage range:Order: 100mg po Q6hr for a child weighing 40 lb. Safe dose range = 8-25 mg/kg/24 hrs in 4 divided doses
- Exact weight in kg
- Safe dose range for this child to the tenth of a mg
- Total daily dose ordered
- Safe or hold?
- If given, amount to be given rounded to the nearest tenth of an ml
25. Calculate the 24-hour dose in mg. Order: 0.25g Q8hrs. What is the dose in mg for 24 hours?
26. The approximate weight of the average US newborn is 2500-4000g (5.5-8.8 lbs). Weight below 2500g is a low birth weight. Convert the following weight to kg and compare to the average weight in lbs.2630 g
27. Safe dose range. Order: 15mg po BID. Childâ€™s weight = 10kg. Safe dose range = 30mg/kg/day in 3 divided doses. Safe or hold?
28. Order: fentanyl 50 mcg/hr IV drip. Available: fentanyl 2.5mg/250ml NS. What is flow rate in ml/hr?
29. Order for PCA morphine: Morphine sulfate 30mg/30ml. Maximum dose: 20mg in 24 hrs. Demand dose: 2ml/dose; Lockout Q12 mins. The client received 16ml in 4 hours. How many times did the client use the demand dose?
30. Terbutaline 5mg in 250 ml D5W to infuse at 15mcg/min. What is the IV flow rate in ml/hr?
31. Order: fentanyl 60 mcg IM. Available: 250mcg/5ml. Amount to give?
32. Order: regular insulin 0.3units/kg/hr IV. Available: regular insulin 100 units in 100ml. Client weight= 220 lbs. What is flow rate in ml/hr?
33. Order: Zovirax, 800mg 5 times daily. Supply: tablets of 400 mg and 800 mg are available. What is the ideal number and mg of tables used to fill the prescription?
34. Order: dopamine 5mcg/kg/min. Patient = 132 lb. What dosage is the client receiving in mg/min?
35. Order: Ticar 0.5g. Available: Ticar 1g. Reconstitute: Add 2ml sterile waterâ€”each 2.6mg = 1000mg Ticar. How many ml will you give?
36. Calculate the infusion completion time. 1500ml is infusing at 150ml/hr. The IV was started at 2030. Completion time
37. Ordered: 1000ml D5W to infuse at 60ml/hr. How long will the fluid take to infuse?
38. Calculate the ml/hr to infuse this IVPB: 50 ml in 45 minutes ml/hr
39. An IV of 1000ml is infusing at 83ml/hr, and 420 ml remains to be infused. How much time is left to infuse?
40. Order: Rocephin 500 mg IM BID. Available: Rocephin 0.5g vial. Add 1.8ml diluent to yield 250mg/ml. Add 1 ml diluent to yield 350mg/ml. How many mls will you give if you add 1ml of diluent?
41. Order: ampicillin 200mg PO Q6hrs. Available: ampicillin to reconstitute: Add 72ml water. Shake well to make 100ml. Each 5ml yields 125mg ampicillin. How many mls need to be given?
42. Order: Lovenox 30mg SQ Q 12hrs. Available: 40mg/0.4ml. How many mls will you give?
43. Refer to the sliding scale for regular insulin
Order: AM dose: 18 units Humulin 70/30 insulin SQ. AM blood sugar = 192. How much total insulin do you administer?
44.Refer to the above sliding scale. AM dose: 23 units Humulin 70/30 insulin SQ. AM blood sugar = 242. How many units do you administer?
45. Administer 1000ml IV fluid at the rate of 125ml/hr. The gravity set delivers 10gtt/ml. The IV was hung at 0700. At 1100, you check the IV and there is 400ml left. Recalculate the gtt/min for the remaining solution
46. Give a patient phenylephrine IV infusion at 100 mcg/min.You have on hand phenylephrine 100 mg/150 mL.Set the infusion pump at _____mL/h.Bonus question:what is the concentration of this drug in mg/mL?_____How many mcg/mL?_____
47. A patient is to receive dobutamine 1 gram in 250 mL NS at 8 mcg/kg/min.The patient weighs 175lbs.You should set the pump at _____mL/h.
48. Give gentamicin 80 mg IV every 24 hours for a child who weighs 14 kg.The recommended pediatric dosage of gentamicin is 4.5-7.5mg/kg every 24 hours.
The recommended minimum single dose for this child is _____mg
The recommended maximum single dose for this child is ______mg
Is the dosage ordered safe?__________
49. Give argatroban 250mg/250 mL at 15 mcg/kg/min for a patient that weighs 225 lbs.(Round your answer at the very end to the nearest tenth.)
Set infusion pump at ________mL/hr
50. Calculate the Intake and Output for this patient from 0700-1200:
6 oz.orange juiceVoided at 0930:250 mL
2cupscoffeeVoided at 1100:275 mL
French toastVoided at 1500:350 mL
4 oz water with pills
1 cup milk
4 oz jello
8 oz diet soda
At 0800:IVPB medication in 100 mL 0.9% NS
At 1400:IVPB medication in 100 mL 0.9% NS
Total Intake: ____________mL