Please provide a comprehensive response of (between 150-400 characters) to each of these discussion questions. Remember that this is not an essay, so you won’t need to worry about formatting, but instead please focus on quality of writing, editing, proofreading and proper sentence structure because this is Masters level assignment in humanities.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What do you think the lecture means by the “weird” history of the Internet? What is weird about it? What surprised you? If you were to give a name to the current phase of the Internet, what would it be and why that label?
- What are the main levels of the electronics industry work force, and what are conditions like at each level? What do you think it will take to improve conditions for those at the bottom level of the production process?
- Based on the lecture and the e-waste video, what do you see as the main causes of the e-waste problem? Who do you think should bear the greatest responsibility for improving or eradicating the e-waste problem: Electronics corps? Governments? Consumers? Other?
- What kind of actions do you think would be most effective in dealing with the growing e-waste crisis?
Turner, “From Counterculture to Cyberculture”
- What are the factors that led the hippie counterculture to become early pioneers of cyberculture?
- To what extent do you think the counterculture ethic continues to influence cyberculture?
- In what ways might the counterculture inadvertently have contributed to negative aspects of the Internet?
Simard, “Obstacles and Solutions” (read Intro and Part 3)
1. What do you see as the main reasons for the relative lack of women and people of colour in the IT fields? What you see as the most useful solutions to overcoming this lack? Draw on personal experience where relevant in addessing these questions.
Your welcome to use external sources anytime just to get your background information about content but all the sources you will need is. If any of the the links don’t open, just use an external site:
Digital Debris, E-waste Video
Electronics Take Back Coalition, E-Waste Problem Overview
Simard., Obstacles and Solutions for Underrepresented Women and Minorities in Technology (read Intro & Part 3, only)