Critique of a peer-reviewed journal article, writing homework help
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment #1: Critique of a peer-reviewed journal article
1. Begin by reading the AJOT article, “Weaving the warp and weft of occupational therapy: An art and science for all times” (Wood, 1995). The article is posted on BlackBoard, and it can also be accessed for free from the AOTA website using the following reference information:
Wood, W. (1995). Weaving the warp and weft of occupational therapy: An art and science for all times. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 49, 44-52.
2. Adhering to APA Style, write a scholarly paper 3 to 5 pages in length, in which you explain the following:
- What does it mean to you that occupational therapy is described by Ms. Wood as both an art and a science?
- How have you observed the art and science of OT in your professional practice as an OTA?
- In the course of 20 years since this article was written, has anything changed regarding the perspective and practice of OT as both an art and a science? Describe how this phenomenon has either continued unchanged or has significantly changed. Support your answer by using at least one outside reference (i.e. not from the article itself.)
- What is the value and significance of the information in this article:
- for occupational therapy practitioners;
- to occupational therapists’ colleagues from other professional disciplines;
- to the field of occupational therapy?
3. It is OK to write this scholarly paper in the first person voice. E.g. “I think that. . .” or “I experienced. . . “
4. Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph. Use headings to organize your information.
5. Not counting a cover page or references page, this paper should be between 3 and 5 pages, double spaced in size 12 font, with one-inch margins.