Compare and Contrast two subcultures
Select an author from one of the subcultures listed below (or another subculture you are aware of) and read/annotate one or more works by that author.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Beat generation (Jack Kerouac, William S. Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, Robert Creeley, Denise Levertov, Frank O’Hara)
- Hippies (Richard Bach, Terrence McKenna, Hunter S. Thomson, Jim Morrison, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan)
- Feminists (Joni Mitchell, Margaret Atwood, Joan Didion, Louise Erdrich, Erica Jong, Barbara Kingsolver)
- Generation X (Douglas Copeland, Jay McInerny, Chuck Palahniuk )
- Hip-hop (Tupac Shakur, Sister Souljah, LL Cool Jay, Queen Latifah, Beastie Boys) ,Select an author from
a different subculture listed above (or another subculture you are aware of)
and read/annotate one or more works by that other author. Using this Venn graphic organizer , outline the similarities and
differences between the subcultures based on what the literature tells you
about them. List details of one piece of literature on the left and the other
on the right. In the middle, list the details common to both pieces of
literature. List at least 12 points of contrast and at least 6 points of
comparison on your diagram. Consider carefully:
Imagery, Symbolism, Tone/attitude, Subject, Themes
Settings, Conflicts, Comparisons, Descriptions of
characters, Plot events
- In a paragraph or two, draw conclusions about how literature defines any culture (or in this case counterculture). What tools do authors have that make them able to portray the essence of their culture?
- Create a Works Cited
page using MLA format that lists your sources. Refer to the Using the MLA Style Manual .Turn in your graphic organizer, conclusions paragraph(s), and Works
Complete details attached.