No need for an introduction or a conclusion â€“ just state the questions and answer them one by one.
A helpful resource is chapter 8 of Sekaran & Bougie, Research Methods for Business. This Coursework will be associated with Chapter 8 and Chapter 9 of one of the required texts: Sekaran, U., and Bougie, R., (2016), Research Methods for Business: A Skill Building Approach (7th ed.). United Kingdom: Wiley.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1.Describe the key purpose of observation, outlining advantages and disadvantages of this research approach to collecting data.
– define observation â€“ what is meant by â€˜observationâ€™ as a research method in a general sense?
– what is the purpose of observation?
– advantages and disadvantages, pp. 142-143
2.Discuss four dimensions that distinguish various approaches to observation.
– four dimensions to consider are controlled/uncontrolled, participant/nonparticipant, structured/unstructured and concealed/unconcealed.
3.1.A disadvantage of observation is observer bias. Discuss at least two ways of minimizing observer bias.
– what are possible reasons for observer bias?
– consider p. 143 of Sekaran & Bougie â€“ remedies for reducing bias are presented.
– pp. 44-45, pp. 162-163, p. 189