Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You are the head of the catalog sales department of Century 21’s, a large department store located in New York CIty. Most of your 17 full-time employees are high school graduates, and many of them are female. For beginning workers, you pay $2.50 per hour over New York’s minimum wage, plus fringe benefits. Send a message to your employees informing them that management has decided that no one can take vacation or personal days during the months of November and December. The reason, of course, is that the holiday season is your busiest sales period.
Compose a few paragraphs describing how you solved this problem. In narrative form, provide information such as the following:
1. What is the purpose of your message?
2. Describe your audience.
3. Will you use a direct or an indirect organizational plan? (What is your audience’s likely reaction to this memo?)
4. What reasons can you give for your decision?
5. How can you stress the “you” attitude and use positive language to explain the reasons for this decision?
6. Will you format this document as a letter or memo? Why?
Compose your document and follow the five steps in the writing process (planning, drafting, revising, formatting, and proofreading). Format the final version on letterhead stationery.
Aside from answering the questions in the previous section, the letter should be about one page in length, and the entire assignment (letter, reflection, etc.) should be approximately 2-3 pages.