Analysis of Negotiation Situation
Please analyze a failed negotiation you have engaged in in the past. It can be from your work or your personal life (for example, negotiating with a partner over whose family to visit for the holidays). You should choose a story so that you can apply class material to. In essence, you should tell a short, but complete story about a past negotiation and analyze how it could have gone better, using the material from the class. This assignment should be no longer than 1 page single spaces in 12-point font. Please include the following components in your analysis:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Who were the parties in this negotiation?
- What was the nature of the parties’ relationship? How did the parties communicate (aka was this negotiation in-person, over email, etc.)?
- What issues were at play? What was your BATNA? Were the issues distributive or integrative, and why?
- Who controlled the negotiation? How? Why?
- What was your strategy? Why did it succeed or fail? What would you change if you could do it all over again? Why?
- At the conclusion of the negotiation, were you both happy with the outcome, the process, your relationship? How could you have done better?
Your task is likely to be easier if your application stories analyze failed rather than successful negotiations: it’s easier to identify how to change something that went wrong. Be assured that all of the material you turn in will be completely confidential.