Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
please help with American Literature forum, let me know if you have any questions on the assignment. Thank you in advance.
Part I: Identify three symbols in the readings from this week and discuss what you think those symbols mean in the context of the story or poem in which they are found.
Part II: Based on Hemingway and TS Eliot, what are your impressions of the “Modern Man”?
Part III: Share a web-based resource that you located that gave you more information about one of our readings this week, about Modernism, about WWI or about a specific author we covered. It could be a video or a website with text. Explain how the source contributed to your understanding. Is it the kind of source you could use in a literary essay, or is it better for ‘preliminary research’ and overall understanding, but not appropriate for academic use? Why?
In your initial response to parts I, II and III, you must discuss a minimum of four distinct authors.
Instructions: Your initial discussion should be at least 250 words. It must include MLA citations – both in-text and an end citation.
- American Modernism (1920-1945) Chapter 2:
- The Lost Generation”What Is American in Modern American Poetry? A Primer with Poems”
- Ernest Hemingway: “The Fight on the Hilltop,” “The Chauffeurs of Madrid”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald: “Babylon Revisited”John Steinbeck “The Chrysanthemums”
- E.E. Cummings: “In Just,” “Since Feeling is First,” and “Buffalo Bill’s Defunct”
- T. S. Eliot: “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”
- TS Eliot: “The Hollow Men”