Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
A regional bank has decided to open an office overseas for serving those businesses that are expanding internationally. Choose a country with a large financial center that you believe would be helpful to your customer base.
- Discuss some of the challenges you may face in this new environment.
- What are the cultural, ethnic, social, and educational characteristics?
- Describe the political and legal systems.
- How much does the government intervene in the private sector?
- How will that affect your financial institution?
- What type of economic system does it have?
- What is the history of that economic system?
- How is the country involved in international trade?
- How does the government get involved in trade issues?
- Will that help or hurt your financial institution?
- Will your presence in this country be helpful in your attempts to invest in other developing countries?
- Is this country involved in any regional integration efforts? How so?
- Why did you choose this location for your bank?
- As a manager, what would be your overall assessment about whether you want to pursue opening an office there?
- Are the financial risks worth taking?
- Will it be beneficial to all of the stakeholders?
- If you decide to pursue this, what type of presence do you think would be best suited to your objectives?
- discuss its options and the foreign exchange aspects that affect the financing for the MNC. Include the following:
- Foreign currency risk
- Why they need to hedge foreign exchange
- What sort of foreign exchange instruments you would recommend
- Whether they have to be aware of any government regulations that would affect earnings and cash flow
- Include the need to be aware of inflation and interest rates and how it affects exchange rates.
- Keep in mind that the country that the plant is in does not necessarily have to be where the financing is done.